Developing and Using Emotional Intelligence
Course Code - BC-210 Duration - 2 Days
It is now accepted that technical ability or professional knowledge alone is not enough to be successful in today's competitive business climate.
To be able to interact with others, make decisions, take optimal actions in solving problems, and cope with change or challenges demands something more. This something more is Emotional Intelligence.
This practical course will provide attendees with strategies and techniques to help them increase their Emotional Intelligence and as a result, become more effective in their work. During the course attendees will practice skills that can be applied immediately after the course.
The course will use the Bar-On EQ-i Framework as a platform to explain Emotional Intelligence and focus on relevant EI competencies.
Attendees Will Learn
- How to manage the daily challenges of their professional roles.
- How to be better communicators and engage others.
- How to increase performance from themselves or colleagues.
- An understanding of their EI strengths and development needs.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers or supervisors responsible for team success.
- Sales professionals or those involved in customer relationships.
- Those wanting to improve their professional performance.
- What Emotional Intelligence Is And Is Not
- An Emotional Intelligence Framework
- Why Emotional Intelligence Matters In Work
Understanding Ourselves and Our Motivators
- Recognising & Understanding Our Emotions
- Developing Assertiveness
- The Importance of Self-Regard
- Goal Achievement and Independence
Understanding And Working With Others
- Human Communication Fundamentals
- Empathy for Improved Communication
- Managing Team and Interpersonal Relationships
Self Management Techniques
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Being Flexible to Change
- Managing Stress and Impulse
« Back to last page