Time Management for Sales People
Course Code - BC-305 Duration - 1 Day
'Time' is arguably the most valuable resource we have at our disposal. To be productive and effective, we have to make good use of the time we have. Regardless of our position in any organisation, we can contribute to the overall profitability and efficiency by good time management practices.
This course is designed for anyone who is experiencing difficulties in coping with all the urgent and important tasks expected to be performed. It has been designed around leading-edge thinking; The Covey Principles.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Separate the urgent from the important and develop appropriate responses.
- Identify tools and techniques they can use to make better use of selling time.
- Prioritise their tasks and delegate where necessary.
- Realise the value of goal setting.
- Manage energy and stress levels.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is selling, sales management or sales support roles, especially if they have problems in coping with all the urgent and important tasks.
Principles of Time Management
- The Value of Time in a Sales Context
- Costing your Time#
- Internal and External Time Loss Factors
- The Compass Or The Clock?
- Why Are Some Sales People So Effective With The Use Of Time
- The Pareto Principle
- Juran "Truth"
- How Much Is Your Time Worth?
- The Urgent/Important Matrix (Covey Principles)
- Your Internal Clock
- Activity Logs/Schedules/Diaries
- Techniques to avoid Procrastination
- Planning Sales Activities
- Understanding The Qualification Process To 'Create' More selling Time
- Delegating To Create More Selling Time
- Handling Interruptions
- Making the most of Meetings
- Planning Appointments
- Using the Phone Effectively
- Dealing with Paperwork
- Managing The Pressures Of Time-Stress
« Back to last page