C++ for C Programmers
Course Code - GN-105 Duration - 3 Days
This 3-day course is for experienced C programmers who wish to learn object-orientated programming techniques using C++. The course covers the C++ language itself and does not assume any particular target system or development environment.
Students should have a good understanding of C language features such as structures and pointers before attending this course.
C++ as a Better C
- General improvements to the C Language, including:
- Default Arguments
- Function Overloading
- Namespaces as an aid to Modularity
The Free Store
C++ New and Delete Operators, which improve and replace C's Malloc and related functions.
- C++ and its support of Classes and Objects
- The concept of Object Orientation and its implementation in C++
- Combining data and the functions which use it into a single entity
- Member Access
- Using Constructors and Destructors for Initialization and Cleanup
- Design Guidelines
- The ability to exploit and enhance/modify existing functionality to produce the required solution
- Deriving New Classes from Existing Classes
- Adding Additional Features and Overriding
- Existing Functions to Enhance or Replace them
- Implementation in C++ by providing 'Virtual' Functions Operator Overloading
- Defining the behaviour of Standard Operators such as '+' when used with New Classes and their importance as an aid to the usability of classes
- Copy Constructors
- Type Conversion
C++ providing a Replacment to the C Input/Output Library using Streams.
- Implementation of Templates
- The use of Existing Templates
- from the Standard Library
- Exception Handling Mechanisms
« Back to last page